We believe that the burner community has the power to make a positive impact not only on the individuals who are part of it, but also on society at large.
This is why London Decompression 2019 has decided to up the Leave No Trace game to:
Leave a Better Trace.
We want to honour the basic burner principle of leaving the environment as we found it, But why stop there when our community has such potential to leave a positive trace?
Examples of LBT include having a burn and planting trees in a place that has been desertified; creating art or facilities that can be used by the local inhabitants after you leave; awakening people to take further actions to protect and improve the environment or become activists.
This means our mission has expanded to include:
- Reducing our environmental impact.
- Educating the community on environment related issues.
- Empowering the community to adopt more environmentally-friendly behaviour, both at burns and in daily life.
For what personal steps you can take to reduce your footprint, and advice for Theme Camps and Artists, please see our complete Leave a Better Trace Guide
Some dates you may want to add to your diary
- 3 November: Decom Costume Swap (The Apple Tree)
- 9 November: Clothes and stuff swap (free bring and take) near Waterloo
- Greening your Nest – a guide to a greener Burning Nest, also very applicable to Decom
- Ride Share form – find a ride, or offer a ride to reduce the impact from travel
- Green Resources list – crowdsourced list of resources that can help with LBT
- LBT on Slack – project management for London Decom LBT
- LBT Decom Report (to be completed after Decom)